Friday, August 5, 2016

Brandied Cherries

I've been working on my YouTube channel recently so I haven't had the time to post here. I'm sorry, it's harder to get ready for producing a YouTube channel than I thought.
I did want to tell you about how to use those sweet cherries that are starting to ripen right now.
Everyone knows how great a cherry pie can be but have you ever had brandied cherries? In Europe they like to preserve fruit in all sorts of ways and one way the Italians do cherries is to place them into a clean jar and pour brandy over them to cover them. Then they close them up and let them sit in the pantry for a while.

They bring them out for company to serve over vanilla ice-cream. They are strong but delicious and it only takes a little bit.

Try it with a small amount to see how you like it.
Bona petite

No comments:

Post a Comment