Sunday, September 13, 2015

Who is Cherry Pie Lady?

If you love to cook really good food but can't run to the store every time you want to make something then this might be the place for you. I believe that every kitchen should have a pantry stocked with the basics so that you can be prepared to make dinner or whatever else you might get in the mood to prepare.

This is a place where I plan to share fabulous recipes; much of the knowledge I have acquired throughout my life along with my life experiences. I have been cooking since I was 10. For many years I have been studying and learning about food, nutrition and cooking. It is this knowledge that I want to pass on to you here.

As I transition into this new phase of life; grandmother and post-menopausal woman moving into retirement age I am finding the true me connecting with who I have been all along but never fully understood. Born in Florida, I have lived all over the Eastern US and now in the Pacific North West.I am your not so typical crazy, menopausal nana who is madly in love with bargain hunting, my husband, my grand babies, cooking, baking and gardening. I tag myself as “hippie-gypsy” and am a true Cancer through and through. I wear many different professional hats as a Chef, Cooking Instructor, Nutritional Therapist and the Culinary Director at Sundance Natural Foods in Eugene, Oregon.

So please! give the recipes I share a try and let me know your favorites! Try some of the things I share with you about gardening and a holistic lifestyle. Feel free to comment on anything you see or read.  I also brag and boast about my family so followers beware! You just may see me post about my grandsons and daughter of whom I couldn’t be more proud. 




No comments:

Post a Comment